Giant Puppets Attack Church
Let me preface this by saying I’m all for the diversity of worship. You can worship differently than me and not only is that ok, but I think it’s great. Much of the beauty of the church lies in her diversity.
That being said I honestly don’t know what to make of this…….
So many questions…..
1. Who’s idea was this?
2. What are they supposed to represent?
3. Where do you hide your kids?
4. How do you keep your kids from being too scared to come back to church?
5. Where does one acquire giant liturgical puppets?
6. Are these reject muppets from the Jim Henson Company?
7. Are those hands or giant spatulas?
8. Does Bed, Bath, and Beyond carry those giant spatulas?
9. Is there 1 really tall person underneath that costume or several midgets stacked on top of each other?
10. Is the dancer trying to express some deep theological thought or is that a “please don’t eat me giant puppet” dance?
11. Is this service being held in a Holiday Inn or Ramada Inn conference room?
12. Why do they all have long hair? Don’t they know that Paul said it is disgraceful for puppets to have long hair?
13. Will there being a 7th inning stretch race involving the giant liturgical puppets?
So many questions, so few answers…….